I’m usually on point when it comes to decorating my house for Halloween. I put up spider webs, lights, graveyards, you know the works. But with only 10 days until Halloween I have not put up a single solitary spooky thing. Today at the urging of the little people in my house and good old fashion mom guilt, I put up a little something to get us in the Halloween spirit.
For the quick craft a trip to Dollar Tree is needed. I grabbed the following:
- 3 rectangle plastic table clothes (any color you want)
- 1 pack of large plastic plates
- 1 pack of small plastic plates
- A pack of PVC tape
Items I had at home:
- Glue gun/glue sticks
- Clear packing tape
Steps: Measure the width of your door and cut the tablecloth to fit.
Once you’ve cut your tablecloths to the correct length, fold the unopened side about 1 inch from the top and cut a small hole. I cut 3 holes in mine, one in both ends and one in the middle.
- Take a strip of scrap tablecloth and secure them together by tying the scrap through the hole
- Cut your combined tablecloths into strips. It doesn’t have to be pretty, because it’s going to be crazy hair
- Secure your new Halloween hair to your door with some clear packing tape.
For your eyes
- Remove the edges from the smaller black plates.
- Using your glue gun, secure the black plates your larger yellow plates.
- Use clear packing tape to secure the eyes to the door.
For brows and mouth
- Cut strips of PVC tape to create the eyebrows and mouth.